From: "W.Kenworthy" <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] sacked my rc.conf
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 07:59:18
1 bunyip ~ # cat /etc/rc.conf
4 # /etc/rc.conf: Global startup script configuration settings
5 # $Header: /var/cvsroot/gentoo-src/rc-scripts/etc/rc.conf,v 1.30.4.1
6 2005/02/10 01:11:52 vapier Exp $
7
8 # UNICODE specifies whether you want to have UNICODE support in the
9 console.
10 # If you set to yes, please make sure to set a UNICODE aware CONSOLEFONT
11 and
12 # KEYMAP in the /etc/conf.d/consolefont and /etc/conf.d/keymaps config
13 files.
14
15 UNICODE="yes"
16
17 # Set EDITOR to your preferred editor.
18 # You may use something other than what is listed here.
19
20 #EDITOR="/bin/nano"
21 EDITOR="/usr/bin/vim"
22 #EDITOR="/usr/bin/emacs"
23
24 # What display manager do you use ? [ xdm | gdm | kdm | entrance ]
25 DISPLAYMANAGER="gdm"
26
27 # XSESSION is a new variable to control what window manager to start
28 # default with X if run with xdm, startx or xinit. The default behavior
29 # is to look in /etc/X11/Sessions/ and run the script in matching the
30 # value that XSESSION is set to. The support scripts are smart enough
32 # look in all bin directories if it cant find a match
33 in /etc/X11/Sessions/,
34 # so setting it to "enlightenment" can also work. This is basically
35 used
36 # as a way for the system admin to configure a default system wide WM,
37 # allthough it will work if the user export XSESSION in
38 his .bash_profile, etc.
39 #
40 # NOTE: 1) this behaviour is overridden when a ~/.xinitrc exists, and
41 startx
42 # is called.
43 # 2) even if ~/.xsession exists, if XSESSION can be resolved, it
44 will
45 # be executed rather than ~/.xsession, else KDM breaks ...
46 #
47 # Defaults depending on what you install currently include:
48 #
49 # Gnome - will start gnome-session
50 # kde-<version> - will start startkde (ex: kde-3.0.2)
51 # Xsession - will start a terminal and a few other nice apps
52
53 XSESSION="Gnome"
56 bunyip ~ #