From: AJ Spagnoletti <rubiks120@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] package masking question
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 02:10:40
1 On 6/27/06, Roy Wright <royw@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Howdy,
3 >
4 > I'm curious if there is a way to conditionally package mask.
5 > Let me give todays example.
6 >
7 > Running ~x86.
8 >
9 > gimp-2.3.9 is installed.
10 >
11 > gimp-perl-2.2_pre1 has this RDEPEND =media-gfx/gimp-2.2*
12 >
13 > So naturally wants to downgrade gimp to 2.2.11-r1.
14 >
15 > What would be nice is to be able to mask:
16 >
17 > >=gimp-2.3 if =gimp-perl-2.2_pre1
18 >
19 > That would then downgrade gimp to 2.2 and leave it there
20 > until the next version of gimp-perl is available.
23 Just a thought here but would it be worthwhile to just modify the
24 ebuild? instead of
25 RDEPEND =media-gfx/gimp-2.2*
26 have this
27 RDEPEND >=media-gfx/gimp-2.2*
28
29 This would allow you to not have to downgrade gimp. Its a possibilty
30 without more research I wouldnt be able to tell you if its the best
31 solution or not though
32
33 AJ
34 --