From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Odd cron errors
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2014 09:48:20
1 Hell list,
2
3 I don't know when it started, but recently I've been getting error e-mails
4 from cron, thus:
5
6 Password: 501 Not authorised --- Reply not authenticated
7
8 They're all timed at 03:10:0x, i.e. one minute after cron.daily tasks are run,
9 and they occur at 7- or 8-day intervals. The only files in /etc/cron.daily are
10 logrotate and man-db, neither of which I've touched.
11
12 I've been expiring that e-mail folder at 30 days, so I have only four
13 instances - I've now set the lifetime to 366 days to allow a history to build
14 up.
15
16 Anyone have a clue to this? It's hardly earth-shattering, but it might be good
17 to find out what's going on.
20 Regards
21 Peter