From: Robin Atwood <robin.atwood@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Monitoring temperatures
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 09:43:47
1 On Saturday 21 Mar 2009, Dale wrote:
2
3 > What may also be a good idea is to have some way to shut the systems
4 > down when they get to hot or if the A/C fails. I would think a
5 > temperature sensor would be better myself. I !think! gkrellm can do
6 > that. I'm sure there is a way to do it automatically tho. After all,
7 > you can't monitor temps 24/7 but the system can.
8
9 If you want to do it professionally nagios is the way to go.
10 http://www.nagios.org/
11 There is an lm_sensors plugin or you can code your own.
12
13 HTH
14 -Robin
15 --
17 Robin Atwood.
18
19 "Ship me somewheres east of Suez, where the best is like the worst,
20 Where there ain't no Ten Commandments an' a man can raise a thirst"
21 from "Mandalay" by Rudyard Kipling