From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] about ccache permission adjusting
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 18:18:29
1 On 11/19/05, sempsteen <sempsteen@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 > I've changed my CFLAGS settings and merged ccache for later works. Now i'm
4 > updating my system with "emerge -e world". During merge i realize that
5 > ccache is adjusting permissions for 4 times per package; before merge,
6 > before unmerge of existing packages, after unmerge and after merge. It's
7 > something like this:
8 >
9 > --- !targe sym /usr/lib/libglib-2.0.so
10 > * Adjusting permissions on ccache in /root/.ccache
11 > >>> original instance of package unmerged safely.
12
13 First, there is no need to post your message multiple times. Gmail
14 doesn't show your own postings to mailing lists, so you will not see
15 your message until someone resonds. Also, you should only post in
16 plain text...no HTML/Rich formatting.
17
18 The Adjusting permissions is done in /usr/lib/portage/pym/portage.py.
19 Basically, it makes sure that the ccache directory is owned by
20 root:portage, and is group writable. If you use userpriv, it does the
21 same thing, but for owner portage:portage.
22
23 Actually, there is a problem in the code in that it also looks for the
24 SETGUID bit, but doesn't set it. So if you want to avoid this, you
25 can set the SETGUID bit with:
26
27 chmod -R 02770 /root/.ccache
28