From: Kai Krakow <hurikhan77@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: UDEV rule problem
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2016 20:35:41
1 Am Mon, 14 Nov 2016 15:31:58 +0100
2 schrieb Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@××××××.be>:
3
4 > Hi,
5 >
6 > I have two external USB3 hard disk enclosures. They have the same
7 > vendor, model and the same serial number (unfortunately).
8 > Vendor, model and serial occur in the usb-subsystem only.
9 >
10 > Since the hard drives within theses enclosures have different
11 > capacities, there is a different ATTR{size} value in the
12 > block-subsystem.
13 > But this doesn't have any vendor info.
14 >
15 > How can I write to different udev rules to distinguish these two
16 > external hard disks?
17
18 I've seen many drives where really the serial number as reported by
19 Linux is the model number, and the serial number is somehow invisible...
20 Not sure if this is a kernel bug or some ATA protocol violation.
21 Especially USB enclosures are a problem with this...
24 Regards,
25 Kai
26
27 Replies to list-only preferred.