From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] eee PC crashes on shutdown.
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2009 23:57:45
1 On Wed, 8 Jul 2009 17:34:54 -0600, Maxim Wexler wrote:
2
3 > > Why? Magic SysRq keys are a much safer option.
4
5 > Learn something new... Ok, I'll try that, thanks. But I forsee
6 > difficulties: the Sys Rq key on the eee is part of the fn +
7 > blue-labelled-key system. Is that similar to yours?
8
9 You have to hold down Alt, hold down Fn, hold down PrtSc, release Fn then
10 press the command keys. If you keep Fn held down, U is seen as 4 etc.
11
12 > How do I test it out? Must I induce a freeze somehow or can I just
13 > apply it to a working rig?
14
15 Press Ctrl-Alt-F1 to get to the first VC then press Alt-SysRq S. It
16 should report "Emergency sync".
20 Neil Bothwick
21
22 Programmer (n): A red-eyed, mumbling mammal capable of conversing
23 with inanimate objects.