From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Hardening a laptop for travel
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 14:30:54
1 > > I don't know, now that I've set up shorewall on my router it seems
2 > > like a simple matter to set it up on another machine. I should only
3 > > need to edit a few config files with very light additions.
4 > >
5 > > - Grant
6 >
7 > Understand - to be honest I have moved to shorewall on almost all my
8 > machines for uniformity, even though its rather more complex than
9 > needed.
12 > BillK
13
14 How does this /etc/shorewall/rules look for my router?
15
16 DNS/ACCEPT $FW net
17 Ping/REJECT net $FW
18 DNAT net loc:192.168.0.3 tcp 50000
19 DNAT net loc:192.168.0.3 udp 50000
20 ACCEPT $FW loc icmp
21 ACCEPT $FW net icmp
22
23 Does this reject ssh requests from the net zone or do I need to
24 specify that? It looks like maybe there is another set of basic
25 ACCEPT/REJECT configs that this is modifying. Does anyone know which
26 file that might reside in? If this looks good I'll set up something
27 similar on the laptop.
28
29 - Grant
30 --