From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge completly a package but dont install it?
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2018 18:00:19
1 On Thu, Aug 9, 2018 at 1:28 PM <tuxic@××××××.de> wrote:
2 >
3 > On 08/09 09:48, Mateusz Lenik wrote:
4 > > Turns out emerge has this nice flag (excerpt from emerge(1) manpage):
5 > >
6 > > --buildpkgonly, -B
7 > > Creates binary packages for all ebuilds processed without
8 > > actually merging the packages. This comes with the caveat that all
9 > > build-time dependencies must already be emerged on the system.
12 > thanks a lot for the info...I hadn't thought it would be THAT easy! :)
13
14 I stole this script from somebody else on one of the lists. Stick it
15 in your crontab after a sync and you'll find your daily updates go a
16 lot faster:
17
18 https://github.com/rich0/rich0-gentoo-scripts/blob/master/buildupdates
19
20 Obviously set the flags at the start of the script to suit your taste.
21
22 It basically uses this flag to build binary packages of anything it
23 can (can only do one level of deps obviously). When you look at your
24 packages to update, and see chromium in there, and it takes 30 seconds
25 to install because it was built overnight, you'll thank whoever wrote
26 it...
29 Rich