From: tuxic@××××××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT]: "New to aliexpress" pop up - how to block it?
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2017 18:19:17
1 On 07/16 01:05, Dale wrote:
2 > tuxic@××××××.de wrote:
3 > >
4 > > Some weeks ago I came accross a site which privacy policy consist of
5 > > one sentence,
6 > >
7 > > "Nothing will be recorded."
8 > >
9 > > That's it. I tend to trust such a lot more than these poems of
10 > > privacy...
11 > >
12 > > But may be I am only an old paranoid...
13 > >
14 > > Cheers
15 > > Meino
22 > But how can you trust that nothing is recorded? After all, they may
23 > claim it but doesn't mean they do it.
24 >
25 > Just saying.
26 >
27 > Dale
28 >
29 > :-) :-)
32 Hi Dale,
33
34 it's more the brevity and the "thats it" character of their privacy
35 policy as such, which make me to trust them more than such textmonsters
36 which are overcrowded with conditions,
37 whens, buts, and phrase explaining circumstances.
38
39 And yes: You are right -- there is no science here, its all about
40 feelings. As long I have no physical access to their servers its
41 all about trust and there is no knowledge at all.
42
43 It's better to not to tear down the wall...whats behind it may scare
44 us deadly...
45
46 "It's a sad world..."
47