From: Martin Vaeth <martin@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Choosing between system profiles: hardened and desktop for desktop installation.
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2017 16:43:48
1 james <garftd@×××××××.net> wrote:
2 >
3 > Hmmm. OK, so I avoid systemd and nepomuk (actually all of KDE) but
4 > polkit? I try and run a minimized DE environment, but on a workstation,
5 > I'm constantly evaluating various codes, so how do I avoid polkit?
6
7 USE=-policykit obviously helps a lot
8
9 > dev-util/sysprof-3.22.2 (gtk ? sys-auth/polkit)
10 > (systemd ? sys-auth/polkit)
11
12 For this package, apparently -gtk -systemd will help...
13
14 > * These packages depend on udisks:
15
16 udisks is the hardest part to avoid, since a lot of packages
17 depend on it. Unfortunately, avoiding polkit really means to
18 avoid these packages (and to use a sane automounter if you need one).