From: Philip Webb <purslow@×××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo froze after 25 days of being up
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 17:12:26
1 060324 Mark Shields wrote:
2 > I've had Gentoo on my home server for a little over a year now.
3 > I've never had a problem with it outright freezing until recently.
4 > Yesterday I was playing World of Warcraft on my home PC
5 > I have a kvm switch so I had WoW running on my main PC
6 > while I was working on the screen for the server.
7 > I had just typed emerge -av net-ping then typed yes,
8 > it got 3 lines into the emerge and the server froze.
9 > Internet access stopped working on the home PC (WoW disconnected),
10 > screen froze on tty1, could not change virtual screens,
11 > keyboard would not type & no lock keys (caps, scroll, etc.) would work.
12 > Ctrl+alt+del wouldn't work, and I couldn't even ssh into it.
13
14 Judging from previous reports of similar problems, it sounds like hardware.
15 Overheating ? Bad memory ? Mobo failure somewhere ?
19 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb : purslow@××××××××××××××.ca
20 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Centre for Urban & Community Studies
21 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' University of Toronto
22 --
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list