From: Raffaele BELARDI <raffaele.belardi@××.com>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] flash plugin in seamonkey, user problem
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2016 06:36:04
1 Dale wrote:
2 > Raffaele BELARDI wrote:
3 >> I have three users on my ~amd64 gentoo including myself. The two other
4 >> users have identical and very limited rights. For me and one user flash
5 >> in seamonkey works fine, for the other user it is blocked by seamonkey
6 >> being 'insecure', although the seamonkey binary and the flash plugin
7 >> (www-plugins/adobe-flash-11.2.202.637) are installed system-wide.
8 >>
9 >> I don't understand why the different behaviour, any suggestions?
12 > Notice how I have two
13 > versions of adobe-flash installed? I don't think that is normal. I
14 > manually -C the older version and now youtube and such works fine. It
15 > now looks like this:
16 >
17 > You may want to see if two versions are installed at the same time. It
18 > appears that if it is, it tries to use the older version. Don't ask me
19 > how two versions can be installed at the same time tho. I dunno. I
20 > don't think it is supposed to do that for this package tho. The command
21 > I used is this:
24 I understood that the -11 is required for some (NPAPI whateverthatis)
25 browsers including Firefox[1]. Actually I recently tried to remove -11
26 from another system and mythbrowser stopped displaying flash. Anyway, I
27 will try the suggestion with the seamonkey browser.
28
29 raffaele
30
31 [1] https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Adobe_Flash