From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: perl ssl was:Re: [gentoo-user] dovecot imap-login
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2015 19:18:15
1 On Tuesday 22 Dec 2015 15:48:22 jens wefer wrote:
2 > Am Sun, 20 Dec 2015 23:18:00 +0000
3 >
4 > schrieb Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>:
5
6 > > It may be a postfix bug, or it may be that gentoo's openssl ciphers
7 > > are more up to date and won't degrade the connection to SSLv3. Can
8 > > you check what you get on the transaction with the server using
9 > > openssl_client? Google for the correct commands to negotiate sending
10 > > messages using telnet so that you know what to type on the console.
11 >
12 > Thanks for the tip.
13 > I test ssl smtp/imap with openssl s_client who reports error.20 unable
14 > to get local issuer certificate, so I create a new self signed
15 > certificate. first test with sendEmail and imapsync runs.
16 > I do not understand is why the client software works under other
17 > operating systems.
18 >
19 > thx, bye, jens.
20
21 This could be because other distros OpenSSL configuration is not as strict/up
22 to date as gentoo's.
25 Regards,
26 Mick