From: Jorge Peixoto de Morais Neto <please.no.spam.here@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] First Portage Hick-up, Chokes on Java
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2008 18:47:11
1 On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 6:26 PM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Tuesday 04 November 2008 19:56:41 Jorge Peixoto de Morais Neto wrote:
3 >> By the way, certain parts of Portage are very scarcely document, are
4 >> they not? For examples, the FEATURES only have quick explanations in
5 >> make.conf.example, as far as I know (and I did search for more
6 >> complete explanations).
7 >
8 > Have you read all the important man pages, in their full excruciating detail?
9 >
10 > /usr/share/man/man1/ebuild.1.bz2
11 > /usr/share/man/man1/emerge.1.bz2
12 > /usr/share/man/man5/ebuild.5.bz2
13 > /usr/share/man/man5/make.conf.5.bz2
14 > /usr/share/man/man5/portage.5.bz2
15 To be sincere, I don't remember. I'll read when I get home.
16 Regards,
17 Jorge Peixoto
20 Software is like sex: it is better when it is free - Linus Torvalds