From: Grant Taylor <gtaylor@×××××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] root on nfs and multiple ip addresses
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2021 15:33:50
1 On 3/19/21 5:55 AM, William Kenworthy wrote:
2 > Yes, its two IP's to the same MAC address. Its a raspberry pi 3B
3 > using swclock so time may be an issue though I dont see how, but its
4 > still a different IP for each stage, but the logs are showing the
5 > same MAC address. Google shows its a known problem and not just me -
6 > but its a reason why and then a better fix than stopping the OS from
7 > starting its interface that I am looking for. Yes I understand what
8 > Joost is getting at and I do want to test it but I have a delay:
9
10 You might consider turning up logging on the DHCP server to see if it
11 can give you any information on why it's handing out different IPs. It
12 may be detecting that the IP handed out last time is in use and not
13 realizing that it's the same system.
14
15 I've had good luck with the BIND and INN user community mailing lists
16 from ISC. I suspect that the DHCP mailing list would be equally helpful.
17
18 > Unfortunately an ill advised "rm -rf" in my storage system has left
19 > me restoring 7TB of data, so it will be a couple of days more before
20 > I have time again - thank-you borgbackup - you are a life saver!!!!
21
22 Ouch! The good news is that you have the data backed up to be able to
23 restore it. Also, inadvertent and unexpected backup test. :-j
28 Grant. . . .
29 unix || die