From: Ajai Khattri <ajai@××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Trying to debug postgrey
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2014 05:13:05
1 Ive been running postgrey for years without any problems but today I
2 noticed I hadn't gotten email for awhile and realized upon investigation
3 that postgrey wasnt running so postfix was rejecting mail.
4
5 What's maddening is that I can run postgrey quite happily from the command
6 line in the foregorund, but if I try to use the init script or otherwise
7 try to daemonize it, it silently crashes:
8
9 # /etc/init.d/postgrey start
10 * Starting Postgrey ...
11 [ ok ]
12 # pgrep -af postgrey
13
14 Its not running.
15
16 The logs dont show anything useful. If I ask the init script to be verbose
17 I see this:
18
19 # /etc/init.d/postgrey start --verbose
20 * Caching service dependencies ...
21 [ ok ]
22 * Starting Postgrey ...
23 * start-stop-daemon: fopen `/var/run/postgrey.pid': No such file or
24 directory
25 [ ok ]
26 #
27
28 which doesn't make much sense.
32 Ajai Khattri
33 Systems Admin | Web / Mobile Developer