From: kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mod_deflate in Gentoo's apache2?
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 22:47:57
1 Grant wrote:
2 > I'd like to give mod_deflate a try with apache2, but I don't know how
3 > to make sure it's included in the build. It is an extension module
4 > and that is defined this way:
5 >
6 > A module with "Extension" status is not normally compiled and loaded
7 > into the server. To enable the module and its functionality, you may
8 > need to change the server build configuration files and re-compile
9 > Apache.
10 >
11 > I don't see any obvious USE flags, but is mod_deflate perhaps only
12 > included with USE="static_modules"?
13 >
14 > - Grant
15
16 nms01 htdocs # locate mod_deflate
17 /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_deflate.so
18
19 nms01 htdocs # emerge -pv apache
20
21 These are the packages that would be merged, in order:
22
23 Calculating dependencies... done!
24 [ebuild R ] net-www/apache-2.0.58-r2 USE="apache2 mpm-prefork ssl
25 -debug -doc -ldap -mpm-itk -mpm-leader -mpm-peruser -mpm-threadpool
26 -mpm-worker (-selinux) -static-modules -threads" 0 kB
27
28 Looks like it's pretty default to me.
29
30 kashani
31 --
32 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list