From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Slightly OT but interesting nonetheless...
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 17:01:40
1 On 2011-09-29, Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > Am Mittwoch 28 September 2011, 17:15:34 schrieb Grant Edwards:
5 >> Regardless, my point was that Linus's statement that it's unacceptable
6 >> to break things seemed rather disingenuous given the API churn that
7 >> Linux has compared with the BSD kernels.
8 >
9 > Linux has zero userland visible API 'churn'.
10
11 Bullshit. Just a few weeks ago I tried to run a program on an older
12 machine (with an old kernel version) and it wouldn't work because of
13 kernel API changes.
16 Grant