From: Tim Garton <garton.tim@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Server installation
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2006 23:57:11
1 meewi,
2 One other thing to be careful of is always making sure you have
3 networking configured before each reboot to make sure the new
4 partition/setup you boot into works correctly. It would be a bummer to get
5 gentoo completely partitioned and setup correctly, but forget to change
6 /etc/conf.d/net to tell it to use a static ip (if for instance your hosted
7 machine is supposed to use a static ip) and have it boot into gentoo but not
8 have networking working.
9
10 If you decide to give it a go, let use know how it turns out. I'd be
11 interested in pitfalls and gotcha's you run into in case I need to do the
12 same thing in the future.
13
14 Tim