From: Rumen Yotov <gentoo@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] cups and virtual/X11
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 16:56:48
1 On (16/12/05 10:57), Bill Roberts wrote:
2 > When I try to upgrade to the latest stable version of CUPS, portage trys to
3 > drag in X windows.
4 >
5 > I'm not sure if this is caused by the changes happening in preparation for
6 > the new version of xorg, or perhaps changes in the cups ebuild, which has
7 > seen some changes in USE variables.
8 >
9 > I meandered around b.g.o for a while, but did't find anything relevant.
10 >
11 > Any ideas?
12 >
13 > Bill Roberts
14 Hi,
15 Did the same (cups upgrade) yesterday.
16 New cups wanted to install two additional packages - xpdf & motif.
17 In my case "xpdf" had "motif X" as USE-flags, so it wanted to emerge motif too, i have X.
18 In your case it's X.
19 Removed "motif" with "-motif" in package.use.
20 Check xpdf's USE flags and put "-X" for xpdf in package.use.
21 HTH.Rumen