From: Jason Carson <jason@×××××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] SPF & sendmail: howto?
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 23:12:10
1 To enable SPF on outgoing mail all you have to do is create a SPF record
2 and put it in your /var/bind/domain.tld.hosts file, assuming your using
3 Bind.
4
5 That's all I did and when I send email to Google its says...
6
7 Received-SPF: pass (google.com: domain of jason@×××××××××××.ca designates
8 69.196.152.151 as permitted sender) client-ip=69.196.152.151;
9
10 I use Postfix and recommend you switch. If you want to filter incoming
11 mail with SPF then you have to configure some stuff in the
12 /etc/postfix/main.cf and /etc/postfix/master.cf files. Google it for the
13 way to do it.
14
15 > Hi,
16 >
17 > I would like to integrate Sender Policy Framework (SPF) with my
18 > MTA (sendmail), but can not find any documentation for dealing
19 > with SPF, Sendmail & Gentoo.
20 >
21 > I could install mail-filter/libspf2, but how can I make sendmail
22 > use it? There are milters for SenderID, DKIM, or DK in portage
23 > tree, but nothing for SPF...
24 >
25 > Jarry
26 >
27 > --
29 > This mailbox accepts e-mails only from selected mailing-lists!
30 > Everything else is considered to be spam and therefore deleted.