From: Tom Wesley <tom@×××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Firefox now starting cxoffice/Wine for multimedia plugins?
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 21:04:15
1 On Sat, 29 Apr 2006 12:04:01 -0700
2 "Mark Knecht" <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Hi,
5 > I think this has possibly been going on for a few weeks but I just
6 > noticed it and I'm not sure what caused it. Yahoo is my homepage.
7 > Apparently there is enough multimedia stuff - Flash or whatever - on
8 > that page that Firefox needs to run so something, so it appears to
9 > start up Wine via cxoffice to manage plugin requirements? Very
10 > strange!
11 >
12 > Possibly this is some search path issue? Not sure. I did recently
13 > reinstall CXOffice. MAybe that caused it?
14 >
15
16 There is no native shockwave player for Linux. It's possible that
17 cxoffice has installed something that makes the Yahoo! homepage think
18 that shockwave is available and therefore use it. Put about:plugins in
19 the address bar and see what you have laying around.
20
21 --
22 Tom Wesley <tom@×××××.org>