From: Weifeng Liu <weifengbbn@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] looking for a ftp client script
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 08:02:08
1 Thanks Morten, but that AIX server only provides telnet access. :(
2
3 On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 3:53 PM, Morten Holt <thawk@××××××.com> wrote:
4
5 > Weifeng Liu wrote:
6 > > Hi guys,
7 > >
8 > > I need to exchange some files between a AIX developer server and my
9 > > gentoo desktop, actually it is not a gentoo request :-). There is no ftp
10 > > client tool or file server setup on that AIX server, and I don't have
11 > > enough power to install any binary tool. So, I think it is possible to
12 > > use script on AIX, then it will get/put files from/to my gentoo's ftp
13 > > server. Can anyone recommend such a script? Perl based script is
14 > prefered,
15 > >
16 > > Thanks,
17 > > Weifeng
18 > I don't know of any script for this, but if you have shell access over
19 > SSH you can check out SSHFS over FUSE
20 >
21 > --
22 > Morten 'T-Hawk' Holt
23 > In the joy of anticipation there's the anticipatory
24 > letdown of anticipating not anticipating anticipation
25 > of some future anticipation.