From: Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: vbox vm no boot
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2011 03:50:34
1 On Dec 5, 2011 10:42 AM, "Harry Putnam" <reader@×××××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info> writes:
4 >
5 > > Just before emerging the source, you really should tarball *everything*
6 > > (except /proc, /sys, /var/tmp/*, and /usr/portage/distfiles/*), so you
7 can
8 > > just 'pick up where you left it' :-)
11 > That's almost as slow as starting over from scratch... hehe.
14 In my case, I've successfully re-used the "stage3.5" tarball anytime I need
15 to deploy a new Gentoo VM. Saves on download time :-)
16
17 (I also have gcc upgraded to 4.5.3 and performed the acrobatics necessary
18 to activate gcc's Graphite feature, and upgraded glibc, *before* creating
19 stage3.5, so yes it's a huge timesaver for me)
20
21 Rgds,