From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Portage option "--changed-use" not working?
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2012 11:11:17
1 On Sat, 21 Jan 2012 20:23:18 -0600, »Q« wrote:
2
3 > Thanks for the points you've made about how removal of a flag a user
4 > doesn't have enabled could still affect the user. I think I'll still
5 > use --changed-use routinely and also periodically run an update with
6 > --newuse.
7
8 That's harmless, but unnecessary. This thread demonstrates that portage
9 takes the safe option of "if in doubt, re-emerge" so changed-use should
10 always be enough. I can't remember the last time I user --newuse, but it
11 has been several years.
15 Neil Bothwick
16
17 Our bikinis are exciting. They are simply the tops.