From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] vlc-1.1.4 won't shoutcast?
Date: Sun, 03 Oct 2010 16:17:23
1 On Sunday 03 October 2010 15:41:43 Vincent-Xavier JUMEL wrote:
2 > Le 03 octobre à 14:05 Mick a écrit
3 >
4 > > It doesn't show up in the menu anymore. The previous version was working
5 > > fine. Am I missing some crafty USE flag?
6 >
7 > If you're using vlc 1.1.0 or above, you should have read
8 > http://www.videolan.org/press/2010-1.html which informs about the
9 > situation and why the VLC team had had to removed it.
10
11 Thanks, I can see why now. The page mentions icecast as an alternative and
12 the fact that this is available as an Addon for vlc, but can't find anywhere
13 how to add it on ...
16 Regards,
17 Mick