From: Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Strange behaviour of sound mixer channels
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 23:01:55
1 Hey list
2
3 sporadically, I have problems with alsa on my netbook. After booting,
4 alsamixer does not show a PCM channel. So I fire up cmus, start playing
5 and then the channel appears.
6
7 The other problem is that sometimes I can't change volume of the PCM
8 channel, neither in cmus nor with alsamixer. I can then only alter the
9 master channel. Last time that happened, PCM was stuck at 100% (don't
10 remember whether it's always 100%).
11
12 Does anyone have a clue what the problem here is (and possible how to
13 solve it)?
16 lspci:
17 00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation NM10/ICH7 Family High Definition Audio Controller (rev 02)
18
19 SND_HDA_INTEL is built as module. The only active subsettings are
20 SND_HDA_GENERIC and SND_HDA_CODEC_REALTEK and SND_HDA_HWDEP.
21 --
22 Gruß | Greetings | Qapla’
23 Please do not share anything from, with or about me with any Facebook service.
24
25 I know something! -- What? -- I don’t know.