From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] unable to login to user account or do su - username
Date: Sun, 03 May 2009 09:23:53
1 On Sunday 03 May 2009 04:53:41 Mike Kazantsev wrote:
2 > On Sat, 02 May 2009 20:52:39 -0400
3
4 > I don't know about motd, but the rest looks like pam problem to me, if
5 > you're using pam, of course. Try 'euse -i pam' to see if it's enabled.
6 >
7 > If that's the case, first of all I'd suggest to check etc-update.
8 > Then look through /etc/pam.d, especially system-* files. There you can
9 > remove some of the required (for successfull authentication) modules,
10 > so their failure won't affect the process.
11
12 And read the elogs. There's been some pam updates come through on my machines
13 the last few weeks/months.
16 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com