From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Is it still advisable to partition a big hard drive?
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2016 15:27:26
1 On Friday 09 Sep 2016 23:25:10 Andrew Lowe wrote:
2
3 > I've just spent 7 hours in a bottleshop in an entertainment area,
4 > putting up with idiots swearing all night. Now I come home and catch up
5 > on what's happening on this list and what do I get? More drop kicks
6 > swearing their heads off. It's just an indication of the lack of your
7 > grasp of the English language when you start carrying on like this.
8 >
9 > ... There is a time and a place for everything, a public technical email
10 > list is not one of them for swearing.
11
12 A man after my own heart.
13
14 When a new couple took over my local pub last year, they split the village*
15 beer drinkers down the middle by enforcing a no-swearing policy. Now all
16 those men who can't say anything without an f*** every other word go to the
17 other main pub, leaving the one I use to those who can. Trade has soared,
18 and local people have been appearing who were never seen in a pub before.
19 Winners all round.
20
21 * Tideswell, Derbyshire, in case you're interested.
24 Rgds
25 Peter