From: "Jesús Guerrero" <i92guboj@×××××.es>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Hal mount .iso
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 06:49:01
1 On Mon, August 24, 2009 08:40, Dale wrote:
2 > Jesús Guerrero wrote:
3 >
4 >> On Mon, August 24, 2009 08:03, Top Point wrote:
7 >>> Hi.
8 >>> Can hal mount .iso 9660 by loop device? I can mount .iso manually but
9 >>> I
10 >>> want to do it automatically by hal.
11 >>>
12 >>
13 >> I don't quite get it. What would be the "trigger" to mount it?
14 >> Hal doesn't really mount anything, anyway. It's just a supposedly
15 >> simpler way to interface your hardware.
16 >>
17 >> Maybe you should look into fuseiso or cdemu.
22 > Could he use ivman? Maybe have a config that tells it how to mount or
23 > would it look at fstab and OP could put the options there?
24
25 I guess yes, he could use fstab. Just using the iso instead of the
26 node name and giving it the loop option should work, if all he
27 wants is to permanently mount an iso that will always live in the
28 same place.
29
30 ivman is for automounting, again, here, what would be the "trigger" that
31 will tell ivman "mount this iso that appeared here in I don't know what
32 place"?
33
34 The problem here is that I don't visualize too well the true aim of
35 the original poster. But well, there he has some ideas to try already :)
38 Jesús Guerrero