From: John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] unable to do world update --problem may be caused by mailman
Date: Sun, 06 Dec 2020 21:28:40
1 Hi. In trying to do my world update today, I ran into the following
2 problem which I am not sure how to solve.
3
4 I got the following:
5
6 The first thing I got was that there was no ebuilds to satisfy
7 dev-python/dnspython so I copied an ebuild which I installed about 3
8 weeks ago to my local ebuilds and made a manifest for it and now I get
9 the following:
10
11 emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy
12 "dev-python/dnspython[python_targets_python2_7(-)]".
13 (dependency required by "net-mail/mailman-2.1.33::gentoo" [installed])
14 (dependency required by "@selected" [set])
15 (dependency required by "@world" [argument])
16 In the ebuild, python27 is not listed in the python_compat list, so I
17 am puzzled as to how I did manage to install it at all.
18
19 So, since mailman 2.1.33 seems to be the latest version in the tree
20 and I have heard on other lists that mailman 3 is not ready for prime
21 time, I am put in a dilema -- I certainly want to be able to update my
22 system, but keep this version of mailman till the new version is
23 ready.
24
25 Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
28 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
29 How do
30 you spend it?
31
32 John Covici wb2una