From: "Corentin “Nado” Pazdera" <nado@××××××××××.be>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: "No CUDA device found" with nvidia-drivers newer than nvidia-drivers-396.24-r1(
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2018 14:32:57
1 August 15, 2018 2:59 PM, tuxic@××××××.de wrote:
2
3 > Yes I did reboot the sustem. In my initial mail I mentioned a tool
4 > called CUDA-Z and Blender, which both reports a missing CUDA device.
5
6 Ok, so you do not have a specific error which might have been thrown by the module?
7 Other ideas, check dev-util/nvidia-cuda-toolkit version and double check nvidia/nvidia_uvm with modinfo to ensure they are installed and loaded correctly with the right version?
8 Could you also run /opt/cuda/extras/demo_suite/deviceQuery (from nvidia-cuda-toolkit) and show its output?
9
10 My installation works, so at least we know their version is not completely broken...
11 Driver version: 396.51
12 Cuda version: 9.2.88
15 Corentin “Nado” Pazdera