From: Barny M <bm2600@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] LVM2 Problems
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 11:08:09
1 Richard Fish wrote:
2 > On 5/9/06, bm2600@×××××.com <bm2600@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 >> vgchange -a y
5 >> device-mapper: deps ioctl failed: Invalid argument
6 >> _deps: task run failed for (254:0)
7 >> Failed to add device (254:0) to dtree
10 > My guess is a conflict between the device-mapper version and your
11 > kernel. 2.6.7 is quite ancient, and looking through
12 > /usr/share/doc/device-mapper-1.02.05/WHATS_NEW.gz, there were a lot of
13 > changes to how the device nodes are created in the last couple of
14 > years. Possibly one of those changes broke backwards compatibility.
15 >
16 > -Richard
19 I forgot one important bit here to mention, at least to me ;-) The
20 server is miles away from my office, all I got is console access..
21
22 The other (older) kernel will not boot up properly either. Firering up
23 lvm and typing help, show various commands, which I am not familar with.
24
25 Does anyone see any option to get the fs back up just using console and
26 no remote hands ?
27
28 Thanks.
29