From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE4.x installation blocks
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2009 23:04:09
1 On Tuesday 08 September 2009 18:02:09 Massimiliano Ziccardi wrote:
2 > Thank you all a lot.
3 > I won't bother you for some time :-)
4 >
5 > Just one thing: people often thinks gentoo is harder than other
6 > distributions to use.
7
8 That's mostly because Gentoo forces you to think about what you want to do :-)
9
10 This isn't a bad thing, people have to think all the time. Like choosing a
11 wife - men should consider very carefully if the girl is a good choice, then
12 marry her if the answer is yes. Software choices are like that too.
13
14 > Well, maybe that's true, however here I found the best support I've ever
15 > found for a linux distribution (and for softwares in general...).
16
17 Probably because we remember all too well what it was like for us in the early
18 days. I remember my first Gentoo install in 2004, I just blindly followed the
19 handbook without a clue what I was doing! That machine still runs, I fixed all
20 my initial mistakes (no reinstall!), but it's no longer my primary machine.
21 It's right next to me at this desk, as a file sever
25 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com