From: Florian Philipp <lists@×××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] TS (transport stream) files: how to strip anything unwanted?
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 17:19:15
1 Am 13.02.2011 03:12, schrieb meino.cramer@×××.de:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > from recording from my dvbt-card I have some ts-files (transport
5 > stream).
6 >
7 > To save space AND quality, I want to strip anything from those files,
8 > which is not wanted: anything, which is neither audio nor video. But
9 > I dont want to reencode audio and video for that.
10 >
11 > How can I do that?
12 >
13 > Thank you very much for any help in advance!
14 > Have a nice weekend!
15 > Best regards,
16 > mcc
19 My advice: Mux it into a different container. TS is meant for streaming
20 over lossy networks and has a pretty high overhead. I don't have a TS
21 file ready for some testing but even the simpler PS has in my test 4%
22 more size than the equivalent MKV file. For TS I guess it is more in the
23 5-6% range.
24
25 Regards,
26 Florian Philipp