From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mail loops back to myself (MX problem)
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 16:52:31
1 On 7/26/06, sguglia@××××××.it <sguglia@××××××.it> wrote:
2 >
3 > hello everybody..
4 >
5 > Courier+mysql just installed..but cfrom my client I can send (and probably
6 > loose in deep space..) but cannot receive messages. both connection
7 > (POP3, SMTP) seem to be OK by telnet. here my last log: I cannot understand
8 > how to fix the MX error, which I suppose is the main problem..
9
10 The short answer is that you need to update your DNS configuration to
11 add an MX record for pc-0004. Most likely mail for the entire
12 .localarea domain is being directed to pc-0001, so if you want pc-0004
13 to handle it's own mail, you need to add a specific MX record for it.
14
15 The long answer requires that you post your zone configuration files. ;-P
16
17 HTH,
18 -Richard
19 --