From: Matthew Finkel <matthew.finkel@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: but cool - NASDAQ is gentoo powered
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 04:41:42
1 On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 9:48 PM, Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 8:28 PM, Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com>
4 > wrote:
5 > > http://www.itworld.com/open-source/193823/how-linux-mastered-wall-street
6 >
7 > This is related to a question I wanted to poll the list with. How does
8 > everybody here use Gentoo? For personal use? Production use? For
9 > server, desktop or embedded roles? What's your most interesting setup
10 > or use case?
11 >
12 > I had Gentoo on both my desktop and HTPC, but I had to cannibalize the
13 > HTPC for parts, so now it's just on my primary desktop box.
14 >
15 > --
16 > :wq
19 Here I have it on my laptop, desktop, build server, build binary packages
20 server, web server, backup servers, file servers and (hopefully) a media
21 server/htpc soon.
22
23 And Adam, nice find.
28 Matthew Finkel