From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Small computing recommendations?
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2016 15:15:29
1 It's hard to follow your contributions to this list because you stick to
2 top-posting, whereas everyone else keeps their replies and quotations in
3 conversation order.
4
5 Please don't top-post here. Thanks.
6
7 On Wednesday 12 Oct 2016 14:24:15 Andy Mender wrote:
8 > Dear Daniel,
9 >
10 > You're correct, Arduino is for tech projects. Not much of an actual
11 > "computer",
12 > because both the processor and amount of RAM are too weak. However, there
13 > is a new board that supposedly runs a full-blown FreeBSD 3.x version.
14 > Cannot find
15 > a link to the blog entry now, sorry :(.
16 >
17 > I would recommend taking a look at the Beaglebone Black boards. In some
18 > cases
19 > they're more potent than a standard Raspberry Pi. Since you mentioned
20 > being FSF
21 > friendly, does Raspberry not use a Broadcom chip for graphics?
22 >
23 > The default will almost always be some sort of Debian-based distro. There
24 > is a Gentoo
25 > ARM project, so you could have a look whether it complies with your
26 > expectations :).
27 >
28 > Best regards,
29 > Andy Mender