From: Jeremi Piotrowski <jeremi.piotrowski@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is there a PowerShell package?
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2016 21:21:45
1 On Sat, Nov 12, 2016 at 11:20:06PM +0100, Bertram Scharpf wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > for a special job I need to do a piece of work in Microsofts
5 > PowerShell, but I have no Windows machine running. I know
6 > that there is a PowerShell for Linux because I have one
7 > installed on a Ubuntu. Yet, I do not want to shut down my
8 > Gentoo and boot Ubuntu every time when I have to try
9 > something in PowerShell. I would like to install it on
10 > Gentoo.
11
12 This is the perfect use case for running containers on your development
13 machine. Just set up lxc/lxd/docker on your gentoo machine and start up an
14 ubuntu container in any of the runtimes. Works flawlessly, and you don't
15 have to reboot or run a heavyweight VM. Lxc/lxd are more suitable for long
16 running containers, docker would be great for containers that you spin up
17 and tear down whenever you need.
18
19 Give it a try.