From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] [OT] Checking for a webcam with Nagios
Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2007 12:05:35
1 Hi All,
2
3 This is a Nagios M/L question, but I thought that some of you may have arrived
4 at a best practice solution for this sort of problem, which is applicable to
5 monitoring webpages/sites that require authentication.
6
7 I want to monitor that a webcam is up & functioning. When I use the
8 check_http Nagios command the webcam returns a request for passwd
9 authentication. This is because the webcam GUI requires passwd
10 authentication. Nagios registers a "HTTP WARNING: HTTP/1.0 401 Unauthorized"
11 message and of courses generates an alert.
12
13 How would you recommend I monitor this webcam with Nagios?
14 --
15 Regards,
16 Mick