From: Bas Zoutendijk <slzoutendijk@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Sendmail confused by network change
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2017 16:50:54
1 Dear John,
2
3 On Wed 20 Sep 2017 at 07:05:11 -0400, John Covici wrote:
4 > Restarting sendmail seems fine with me, if you want to have something
5 > that works everywhere, why not get a domain name from ddns or
6 > somewhere and use a full fqdn all the time -- you can put your home
7 > machine on another host in that domain and you will be good to go.
8
9 Thank you for this suggestion. I added ‘.localdomain’ to my host name
10 and now Sendmail uses this domain name on all networks. Cron mail
11 arrives again at home.
12
13 I did not want to try a ‘real’ domain name, as this could make the
14 system accessible from outside the local network, if I understand
15 correctly. Right now it is hidden behind the router and only has a
16 local IP address. I would like to keep it that way, because then I do
17 not have to worry about network security settings. Nevertheless you led
18 me to a solution.
19
20 Thank you,
21