From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: ebuild for canon ufr ii lt driver . Anyone got it ?
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2014 23:05:05
1 On 04/08/2014 11:20 PM, Håkon Alstadheim wrote:
2 > Canon just came out with a driver for my printer i-Sensys lbp 7100cn
3 > (yay!) . It was promised september 2013 (grumble). It is downloadable
4 > from here :
5 > <http://www.canon.no/Support/Consumer_Products/products/printers/Laser/i-SENSYS_LBP7100Cn.aspx>
6 > . I could not for the life of me create a scraper for that page
7 > (grumble).
8 >
9 > Anyhow: Does anyone have an ebuild to install from the
10 > Linux_UFRIILT_PrinterDriver_V100_uk_EN.tar.gz into gentoo ?
11 >
12 > The common files seem to be the same as the ones in
13 > net-print/cndrvcups-common-lb (except for a version change from 2.70
14 > to 2.80) . The other file however is different,
15 > cndrvcups-ncap-1.00-1.tar.gz inside the above mentioned tar-file.
16 > Just running the commands in the README does not work, due to
17 > differences in the gentoo directory-structure I guess.
18
19 I can't supply you with an ebuild, but if you'll show us the error
20 messages you get when following the instructions in the README file
21 maybe I can give you some uneducated guesses :)
22
23 What files are included in cndrvcups-ncap-1.00-1.tar.gz? Sometimes
24 you may be able to "install" a driver just by copying a file to the
25 proper directory. Sometimes not...