From: Michael Hampicke <mh@××××.biz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mkfs.reiserfs hangs system?
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 15:37:00
1 Am 25.04.2013 17:25, schrieb Pandu Poluan:
2 > Just wondering if any of you guys experienced this lately:
3 >
4 > System hangs when creating a brand-new ReiserFS on a new partition.
5 >
6 > I've tried using the latest gentoo minimal CD, or the latest
7 > SystemRescueCD, both exhibited the same.
8 >
9 > I'm on an HP DL585 G7 box, by the way, so it's using an AMD CPU.
10 >
11 > I'd appreciate any suggestions. My Google-fu all expose only old
12 > threads.
13
14 Are there any error/warnings in dmes or the logs?
15
16 Maybe the disk is toast? Can you create other file systems?