From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How would I disable Flash (oand other things) for a single account?
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2009 18:52:37
1 On Sat, Sep 12, 2009 at 11:41 AM, Volker Armin Hemmann
2 <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com> wrote:
3 > On Samstag 12 September 2009, Mark Knecht wrote:
4 >> Is it possible to shut off all multimedia stuff for a single account?
5 >> It's doesn't have to be securely off, just off, so if it cannot be
6 >> done by meddling with group membership then doing something in a root
7 >> owned bash file that executes when the user logs in even that's fine
8 >> with me. (Uh - even I don't know much about what Linux/Gnome does when
9 >> a user logs in so I'll get to learn a bit also!)
10 >>
11 >> I've removed the user account from the audio, video and games groups.
12 >> When playing YouTube stuff sound is gone but the Flash video is still
13 >> there. Can I stop that from working. maybe by changing paths if
14 >> there's not an easier way to do it?
15 >>
16 >> Thanks,
17 >> Mark
18 >>
19 >
20 > put all users except the one into one group.
21 >
22 > change ownership of flash and multimedia stuff to that group.
23 > change permissions, make flash and multimedia stuff only owner and group
24 > readable/executable.
25 >
26 > Everybody can use flash and multimediastuff except that user
27 >
28 >
29
30 Makes sense. thanks.
31
32 What happens after an emerge that updates the files? I have to go back
33 in and change owner:group on the files again?
34
35 I'm sure you're right and this is probably the right way to do it.
36
37 Thanks,
38 Mark