From: Thomas Yao <t.yao426@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to build a time machine on Gentoo
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 23:53:44
1 On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 5:37 AM, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Not sure if it's in an overlay, but I don't think it's in portage.
3 >
4 > Run eix -l backup and see how many back up tools and scripts pop up.
5 >
6 > I have been using tar, star and rsync.  They all work and they can all make
7 > incremental back ups.  You'll find that a lot of the other 'smart' back up
8 > applications are based on these anyway.
9
10 A disk archive utility called dar is a great staff to backup dir trees and files
13 @ghosTM55
14 Mechanism, not policy