From: Bill Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] query ebuild fields
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2019 01:32:45
1 and
2 rattus ~ # esearch x11-terms/rxvt-unicode
3 [ Results for search key : x11-terms/rxvt-unicode ]
4 [ Applications found : 1 ]
5
6 *  x11-terms/rxvt-unicode
7       Latest version available: 9.21
8       Latest version installed: [ Not Installed ]
9       Size of downloaded files: 903 kB
10       Homepage:    http://software.schmorp.de/pkg/rxvt-unicode.html
12       License:     GPL-3
13
14 rattus ~ #
15
16 its less a search than a database lookup like the locate command so its
17 very fast
18
19 rattus ~ # esearch app-portage/esearch
20 [ Results for search key : app-portage/esearch ]
21 [ Applications found : 1 ]
22
23 *  app-portage/esearch
24       Latest version available: 1.3-r2
25       Latest version installed: 1.3-r2
26       Size of downloaded files: 18 kB
27       Homepage:    https://github.com/fuzzyray/esearch
29       License:     GPL-2
30
31 rattus ~ #