From: Mike Williams <mike@××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ifplugd and netplug annoyance
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 11:32:22
1 On Thursday 17 August 2006 00:36, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > > > But the interface is never actually brought
3 > > > down, and that's my problem, I *want* the interface brought *down*.
4 > >
5 > > in /etc/conf.d/ifplugd:
6 > > AUTO="yes"
7 >
8 > The latest baselayout ebuild tells you to remove this file. baselayout
9 > runs ifplugd now, it shouldn't be run separately. As Richard said,
10 > use /etc/conf.d/net for this.
11
12 Well, that should be fun.
13
14 I've got it working "properly" now (I have an e100 nic, which does properly
15 support reading link status when operationally down).
16 I had to remove /lib/rcscripts/net/ifplugd.sh as I could not disable it from
17 conf.d/net
18 I still have this at the top of conf.d/net:
19 modules=( "!plug" )
20 modules_eth0=( "!plug" )
21 modules=( "!ifplugd" )
22 modules_eth0=( "!ifplugd" )
23
24 The postdown function doesn't get executed with ifplugd.sh in place, as the
25 interface is never actually brought down.
28 Mike Williams
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list