From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kaffeine-1.0_pre2: No dvbt source
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 05:53:34
1 meino.cramer@×××.de <meino.cramer@×××.de> [10-01-31 06:28]:
2 >
3 > Hi,
4 >
5 > As desktop I am using openbopx, no session manager like
6 > xfce, gnome, kde and such.
7 > But I am using kde-applications as needed like k3b and kaffeine.
8 > My previous installation of kaffeine (0.98/KDE3* or something like
9 > this) works same goes for k3b in the kde3 version.
10 >
11 > No I installed kaffeine and k3b for kde4*.
12 >
13 > Neither k3b nor kaffeine seems to see any device under /dev/.
14 >
15 > I cannot start a channel scan since kaffeine has no "source".
16 > Neither I can read nor write any cd with k3b since with the
17 > installation of the new k3b all my cd/dvd-burners seem to
18 > have gone away :-/
19 > Addtionally the configuration dialog of k3b give me no chance
20 > to configure the devices by hand despite the fact that the
21 > help states the opposite.
22 >
23 > The permissions of /dev/hda /dev/hdb (burners) and the dvb-t
24 > device hasn't changed since the installation.
25 >
26 > Something is missing and being installed or configured.
27 >
28 > Searching with google gaves me entries of the kaffeine mailing
29 > list of 2008.
30 >
31 > What can I do to fix this problem?
32 >
33 > Kind regards,
34 > mcc
35 >
36 > --
37
38 Hi,
39
40 ...now it works! DONT ASK ME WHY! But both applications now see
41 the devices.
42
43 Best regards,
44 mcc
48 Please don't send me any Word- or Powerpoint-Attachments
49 unless it's absolutely neccessary. - Send simply Text.
50 See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html
51 In a world without fences and walls nobody needs gates and windows.