From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: asound.state bug? Can anyone else reproduce this, please?
Date: Mon, 07 May 2012 23:55:13
1 On 05/07/2012 01:40 PM, Stroller wrote:
2 > I'm also seeing that maybe alsa's default state is muted, so that the
3 > muted state would be correct even if the sound state is not being
4 > restored.
5
6 I would say the default state is muted except for one very confounding
7 discovery at my end, which may a big difference and may not.
8
9 After removing alsasound from /etc/runlevels/* (it was in only one level
10 but I can't remember now which one it was ;) I rebooted.
11
12 I use startx, so right after a reboot there is no X session running yet,
13 and to my astonishment I find that pulseaudio is already running:
14
15 1987 ? Sl 0:00 /usr/bin/pulseaudio --start --log-target=syslog
16 1991 ? S 0:00 \_ /usr/libexec/pulse/gconf-helper
17
18 I haven't spent any time trying to discover who is starting pulseaudio
19 behind my back, but it at least reminds me to ask if you are also using
20 it on your machine.